Logic pro x issues after high sierra install free -

Looking for:

Old version of Logic Pro not working due … - Apple Community. 













































   

 

logic pro x | tonymacxcom



 

The only solution is reverting to whichever version you were on previously. I hope you have a Time Machine backup or something similar. You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Paste as plain text instead. Only 75 emoji are allowed. Display as a link instead. Clear editor. Upload or insert images from URL. By joshj , 43 minutes ago in Logic Pro.

By Ananna , 1 hour ago in Logic Pro. By supahd , March 12, in Logic Pro. Click here! Share More sharing options Followers 2. Reply to this topic Start new topic. Recommended Posts. Posted May 28, Thank you! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options David Nahmani Posted May 29, Posted May 29, Hi Nicki, sorry to hear JonAllen Posted May 29, Poor foresight. Nicki I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone can help.

Are you talking about an update or an upgrade? I'm being told here that an upgrade to Best, Jon. Also I have a much older version of GarageBand on my computer which is still fully functioning so I really don't understand what the issue here and I'm just going to assume apple is attempting to con me out of money. Posted on Aug 1, PM. Page content loaded.

Aug 2, AM in response to kanafromomaha In response to kanafromomaha. Answering the last part of your question, it is acceptable because you only purchased a user license not software, which is owned by Apple.

You may look up the fine print in the terms you accepted when you installed the software, and there will be something about the possibility of Apple making changes to their product without prior notification or something of the sort.

Depending on the exact version, you may still be able to use it, but under a previous version of macOS i. Sierra or El Capitan. In the current macOS version, which is High Sierra Inexplicable logouts are a common issue in macOS High Sierra. If the logout bug bites you, several steps can help solve the problem. Some solutions involve changing macOS settings, while another requires you to disable a feature in a third-party browser.

Disabling automatic logout — an intentional feature — can sometimes stop High Sierra from logging you out when it shouldn't. Removing the requirement for a password after sleep or screen saver is a risky move. However, if you've run out of options and understand the dangers, you can turn off the after sleep password requirement by following these steps:.

If you do disable this setting, you should always lock your screen before walking away from your Mac. When you consider upgrading macOS, you should first ensure that all of the apps you use are compatible with the new operating system. Unsupported software will still appear in your Applications folder but will display a no entry sign.

Your first step after upgrading your OS should be to update your apps. Often a quick software update is enough to make applications compatible with your new operating system.

If you can't find a relevant update, you can contact the app manufacturer for assistance. With that said, some developers may not offer software that's compatible with High Sierra. In which case, you may need to find an alternative application or purchase a newer version. If your Mac is running a lot slower after a High Sierra upgrade, several troubleshooting tips can help isolate and resolve the issue.

Before you try anything too complex, you should first restart your Mac if you haven't already. Often, such a simple step can resolve many issues. The apps using the most CPU will appear at the top of the list.

From here, you can use the stop button to Quit or Force Quit an application. You should also perform a similar check under Activity Monitor's Memory tab. If certain apps cause frequent issues, you may need to remove them from your Mac.

Shorter battery life after an upgrade could be the result of installing a more resource-hungry OS. If, however, your battery is draining much faster than expected, you can use the Energy tab in Activity Monitor to identify any apps that are consuming a lot of power. If you can't find the culprit, you may need to take further steps and check for any battery issues. When you upgrade to High Sierra, sometimes the new OS can cause issues in your mail app.

Fortunately, the common fixes are simple to action. Focusrite 2i2 Audio Interface Issues Hi all, Got my audio recording hackintosh set up and running but have an issue keeping me from recording and playing anything through my Focusrite 2i2 interface.

I went to preferences and double checked that the interface was selected DeColo Thread Jun 2, audio focusrite 2i2 usb input logic pro x output pro tools recording studio studio studio build usb Replies: 2 Forum: Audio. Hello everyone. I'm new here, can anybody help me? Hello, I am updating this thread because I feel like I am going in circles. I have read about every ounce of solutions on this website and I am at a dead end.

However, Friday evening I came home and Hello everyone! This is my first post, so I hope this is in the right place. From what I've read on the forum so far, AMD My plan is to use this device to do small Logic projects, and not tooo much else.

Is this possible? IF SO This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

 


Problems installing Audio Unit components on High Sierra - Ask Different



 

To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. I recently upgraded my iMac 5k late to High Sierra from Sierra. Before the upgrade, my Mac and Logic were running smoothly without any lag or issues. I then created a bootable USB drive from the high sierra installation file. I performed a clean install by formatting my SSD and installing a fresh copy.

Posted on Oct 4, AM. Nov 10, PM in response to problemed In response to problemed. Nov 10, PM. Page content loaded. I am having the same problems, everything fine on Sierra but the minute I switch to High Sierra I effectively can't use logic pro x as I keep having overflow issues.

I am convinced it is logic that is causing the issues as browsers and MS Office all now open really rapidly but Logic seems to be stalling whenever it is asked to handle more than a couple of Virtual instruments.

I too have used clean my mac 3, which is a great little utility but as everything else gets a little quicker Logic Pro x just grinds to a halt. Any suggestions would be really useful as I think I am out of trying to think of solutions at the moment as I have tried nearly everything to get it back to what it was. Oct 13, PM.

Playhead will not scroll, files can't be saved, can't quit the app without using forced quit, can't bounce tracks, the track window went black, loops library seems empty,. All worked great with Sierra, but High Sierra Nov 10, AM. Even more problems. Then problems I am having are numerous and effectively make LSX unusable. Playhead erractic stops, doesn't play, sticks This makes it hard to see where the track is playing.

It's a directory full of stuff. While somewhat reluctant, I deleted the directory after emptying out all the files , and subsequently made a new one of the same name. Copied and pasted as directed into a terminal. Didn't get a Finder window I got a file not found error. In either case, it doesn't exist here.

Smarter users can use Finder to do this and have the safety of the Trash Can. Nov 11, AM. Nov 13, AM. One last thought. This fix restored all the problems mentioned previously.

However, after these steps are taken, I did have to re-index all the loops for them to be restored properly. Nov 21, PM in response to problemed In response to problemed. Nov 21, PM. Nov 22, AM. Nov 25, AM. Im like the user 'pete in denver' where the file was not found after pasting the mentioned code in terminal. Nov 26, AM. Nov 26, AM in response to juna4 In response to juna4.

This seems to have worked for me. I was able to do it without Terminal by searching in Finder for "Audio Music Apps" click on the folder, then right click at the bottom to open folder ". Nov 26, PM. Community Get Support. Sign in Sign in Sign in corporate. Browse Search. Ask a question. I started a project on Sierra, then continued working on it after the upgrade to High Sierra. I always save current projects to the desktop for better performance on the SSD.

This made no difference to the performance. Has anyone else experienced similar issues this or can provide me with a solution to my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. More Less. Reply I have this question too I have this question too Me too Me too. Helpful answers Drop Down menu. Relaunch Logic Pro X. View answer in context. Loading page content. Reply Helpful Thread reply - more options Link to this Post.

User profile for user: problemed problemed. Playhead will not scroll, files can't be saved, can't quit the app without using forced quit, can't bounce tracks, the track window went black, loops library seems empty, All worked great with Sierra, but High Sierra Here is my list: Loops are gone Playhead erractic stops, doesn't play, sticks This makes it hard to see where the track is playing Can't save changes to logicx files created prior to pre High Sierra install Can't close app without using force quit Can't bounce tracks to anything without a crash The Navigation bar and time counter in Logic X does not work properly Those are the basic issues, can't even get deeper without being able to use simple tasks.

Reply Helpful 7 Thread reply - more options Link to this Post. Let me tell you how this played out for me Reply Helpful 1 Thread reply - more options Link to this Post. User profile for user: Cuauhtemoc Cuauhtemoc. I'm glad you were able to retrieve your Audio Music Apps folder from a backup. Can't thank you enough!

User profile for user: Magolo Magolo. Nov 21, PM in response to problemed In response to problemed Hi! This helped on my macbook pro retina too! User profile for user: kerochan kerochan.

Thanks so much for the info. Surely if I buy a new Mac with Logic pre installed, I wont have to change all those settings? I'm glad that it fixed it. User profile for user: Janusz K Janusz K. Does anybody knows if Apple is going to fix this and when? User profile for user: juna4 juna4. Nov 26, AM in response to Cuauhtemoc In response to Cuauhtemoc Im like the user 'pete in denver' where the file was not found after pasting the mentioned code in terminal.

Where does that leave us? I still cant use logic, its so frustrating! Nov 26, AM in response to juna4 In response to juna4 i have the same issue User profile for user: drnouj drnouj. Welcome to Apple Support Community. Ask a question Reset.

   


Comments